ST KITTS AND NEVIS STAMPS
The Stamps and Postal History of St Kitts and Nevis
British stamps were used in St Christopher and Nevis from 1858, cancelled ‘A12’ and ‘A09’ respectively, until 1860 when the islands assumed control of their post offices. Therefore, separate issues were produced for each island, the Nevis stamps featuring an illustration of a medicinal spring, until they combined as St Kitts and Nevis stamps in 1903, when a first set of 10 stamps was issued. They were used concurrently with those of the Leeward Islands until 1956 when the latter were then withdrawn.